21 April 2009

Happy Birthday

It seems fitting that the first post for this blog would be on my birthday.

As I stood at our bedroom window looking out at our little plot of land, I could not help but feel content. That modest vista is ours: the grass that's slowly turning green after a long, hard winter, the crab apple tree with its small, inedible apples, the rhubarb patch that was here before we moved in and will very probably outlast us, the garden into which we'll plant this year's bounty.

Life is good. Yes, money is tight, but for the second year in a row I'll be able to put "writer" on my tax form as a profession and mean it, I'm on my third book, and I'm staying home with my wonderful children as I homeschool them.

Spring is here and I am thankful.

Happy birthday to me.



No comments: